Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The Heart of the Holidays!

Man I work fast!!! Makell actually got the hang of it and made pretty good loaves!
Marcus and I had been working at the bakery from 1 am to about 11 am on Tuesday and we had a big order for the next morning that we needed to go back to the bakery to do later on that day. We decided instead of being away from the kids forever that we would make it a family event and have the kids come back to the bakery with us.

Marcus went and got started about 4 pm and the kids and I got there to help him about 5:30 pm. They were so excited to get to learn how to knead and/or play with the dough! They did a pretty good job but they had a fun time so that was the best. It ended up going a lot faster because Marcus called and told the Young Mens leader he wouldn't make it to youth night and what we had going on. The leader told him they would bring the boys to the bakery to do service. So the young men in our ward helped us gift wrap about 300 loaves of pumpkin bread.

It was actually pretty fun and some of the boys wanted jobs in the future. I think they really liked it and I know they liked eating it more than bagging it! We were so greatful for their help!! We sent them home about 8:45 pm and finished up the rest with our kids about 10:00. If they wouldn't have gave their service we would have been there until 2 am! Giving like Christ gave is the true meaning of Christmas! Thanks boys and kids!!! Merry Christmas

3 comments:

  1. Tina, I was so glad to hear from you. Your kids are so grown up! I can still remember when you had McKell. It seems like yesterday. They are adorable. I didn't even realize you had your last one. It will be fun to keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I miss the pumpkin spice and the cranberry orange bread at Christmas time. I seriously should take a trip to Orem once in a blue moon and pick some up. I am so bitter our American Fork store closed. Wanna move here and open it up again?

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, how did you get that little "I belong" link? I would love to put one on my blog.

    ReplyDelete