Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Andie sit down!

So this morning when I took the kids to school Andie was sitting in the 3rd set all the way in the back holding the seatbelt across her with out it being buckled. She was so excited that I broke down and let her stay there. We buckled her in the seat and off we went. After I dropped the kids off and as I was driving home she got out of the seat belt and was walking around in the car. I started telling her to go sit down or she would have to get buckled in her car seat. She finally went back to the back seat but she was standing on the seat looking out the back window. I started to tell her to sit down she said "uh oh theirs a cop". I couldn't hold it together I started laughing so hard and then she thought she was funny. Needless to say she only sat down for the last few blocks of the ride. Good thing we really didn't pass a cop! What are we teaching are kids? ha ha That's our little Andie she's a bundle of fun!

1 comment:

  1. I have been known to do that exact thing. When Jordan was little and we had a little dumpy truck, I hadn't had time to throw the car seat in the front next to me. Even thought he was seatbelted in, I taught him how to "duck" whenever I said the word "cop". It was hilarious.

    If Ben ever gets out of his seat now and I can't pull over to get him back in, I fake the presence of cops too. He freaks out, but it doesn't work exactly the way I want it to. He just climbs around the car asking me where they are instead of hopping back in his seat. Thank goodness for tinted windows!

    ReplyDelete