Sunday, May 3, 2009

Fishing @ Tule Springs

After almost 5 years of living in Las Vegas we finally took the kids fishing. They loved it and we had a blast as parents watching our kids having fun and learning something new. We went with the Lebaron family from our ward. Chase caught the first and only fish in our family. The Lebarons caught several after we left of course. The picture next to last on the bottom right side is my favorite of the trip. I wish I would have video taped this moment because the picture doesn't really capture it. The boys had that "ewe gross" look on their faces as Marcus taught them how to gut the fish. In fact that's was they kept saying through out the whole gutting process, even though they thought it was cool. I also like the two middle pictures when Makell finally got up the nerve to touch the worms and then tried to get Andie to hold them. Andie was not very thrilled with the worm or Makell after that.

When we got home Marcus cooked the fish outside on the grill because as you all know there is a no fish in my house rule. They stink!! Marcus and Andie were the only ones that liked it. And no of course I didn't try it!! No Way! There are certain things that I am totally against and fish is pretty close to the top of that list! We had a blast and we'll now be going fishing more in the future here in Las Vegas.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys had fun. Jaron loves to fish, but Josh hates it so he has to wait until we go to Utah to go with my dad. I'm with you, fish is gross! When I was younger I always made my parents cook their fish in a different frying pan than what we used for everything else because I didn't want my food to taste like it. Thank goodness no one in our family likes to eat fish so I don't have to worry about my house stinking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too funny! ;-P I think it's hilarious that you have a "no fish in the house" rule. I looks like you guys had a good time, though. Cute pictures!

    ReplyDelete